We’re on a spring health kick as we get ready for our beach picnics. As we jump on the very best of smoothies and juices, these are our picks when it comes to healthy and flavorful concoctions for your kitchen and home.
- 3 tbsp non-dairy protein powder made with pea or hemp (preferably) or with flax or rice protein (or a blend)
- 4 – 6 oz water
- 4 – 6 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- small piece of avocado – about 1/5 of a large avocado or 1⁄4 of a small one
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 – 4 cubes ice
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Contributed by Dr. Frank Lipman.
2 Cups organic almond milk
2 tbs vanilla yougurt
dash of cinnamon
1 tbs maca powder
1 tbs ground flax seeds
1 tbs protein powder
2 ice cubes
- 1 spoonful of Amazing Grass Green Superfood Powder
- 1 scoop of whey protein
- 1 cup of rice milk
- 1 spoonful of Omega 3,6,9 oil
- A handful of flax seeds
- 1 banana