Plan the perfect surprise for MOM this weekend with a special brunch! We have the perfect table setting ideas to make your celebration perfect. And, as for the menu, we’ve included some recipe ideas that are quick and easy, but certain to make mom smile.
As for the table, we are thinking green this spring. We recommend placemats in your favorite shade of moss. These Silk Velvet Mats from Bella Notte would be perfect in Bottle Green. As for dinnerware, we’re all about the elements. Shop the Pewter collection from Juliska for inspiration. Add a bit of pizazz to the table with Bella Notte Linen Napkins in Graphite. As for dinnerware, be sure to choose flatware with a bit of detail. Be sure to serve your tropical tea in stemmed glasses like the Isabella Fluted Tulip glass from Juliska. And, of course, you must have an eye-catching garden pitcher like this one on the table. Add fresh flowers in the center of the table for the finishing touch.
Appetizer: Deviled Eggs Spring Peas
- 8-10 Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled
- 1 Cup Peas
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/8 Tsp. White Pepper
- Small garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Parsley, minced (optional for garnish)
Get your serving platter ready- this is so quick and easy.
Split eggs in half lengthwise, scoop out yolks and place into bowl. Place whites on a serving platter.
Add remaining ingredients, except parsley, to the bowl.
- It is brunch after all, so you can omit the garlic.
- This would also make a great dip.
- If you don’t have a stick blender, you could use a regular blender or food processor.
Salad: Strawberry Spring Kale Salad
Author: The Lean Clean Eating Machine
Recipe type: American
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
A vibrant spring salad, bursting with flavor and antioxidants
- 2 cups organic kale; thinly chopped
- 1 cup organic strawberries; halved
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup purple cabbage; thinly sliced and chopped
- Red onion; thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- ¼ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine prepared kale, cabbage, onion, edamame, strawberries and blueberries, mixing thoroughly.
- In a small mixing dish, whisk together dijon, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and honey until smooth. Add in garlic and olive oil and whisk until well combined.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and mix to evenly coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Main Dish: Simple Spring Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Basil & Mozzarella
- 1/2 box of any small pasta such as shells, penne, and so on (whole-wheat blend or plain)
- 1 pint very sweet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil torn or sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls or bocconcini, cut in half
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Cook the pasta according to instructions, keeping it al dente. I usually undercook by 1-2 minutes from what the instructions say. Toss all the remaining ingredients together and serve.
Dessert: Strawberry Lemonade Trifle
Strawberry Lemonade Trifle
Makes six 6oz. trifles
- 1 10.75oz poundcake
- 16 oz. strawberries
Lemonade Whipping Cream
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Slice poundcake into 1/4 inch slices and stamp out circles. Alternately, slice and dice poundcake. Set aside.
- Slice strawberries and set aside.
To make lemonade whipping cream
- Place Cool Whip and lemon curd in a bowl and fold to combine. Set aside.
- Place heavy whipping cream and sugar into chilled bowl and beat until medium peaks form.
- Fold whip cream mixture into Cool Whip mixture and fold to combine.
- Place poundcake in the bottom of the glass. Layer strawberries on top of poundcake. Then layer lemonade whipping cream on top of strawberry. Continue to layer until top of the glass rim is reached. Finish trifle with more lemonade whipping cream. Garnish with strawberry.