1. Take a shower.A seemingly mindless task like showering might help foster creativity. Downtime seems to reset the brain – that’s what makes a lazy Sunday so great!
- Work In A Blue Room: Blue enhances the feelings of peace and tranquility. The color allows us to relax and helps to ignite the imagination.
- Live Abroad: People who lived abroad performed better on creative problems and tasks. Adapting to a new culture may spur some sort of psychological transformation that enhances creativity.
- Watch a Funny Video: Mood matters when it comes to creativity. Anxiety focuses a person, but good cheer and contentment liberate creativity. It “might not just relax your scope of interest, but actually broaden it further,” allowing you to look at a problem in new ways and come up with a solution, says Beeman.
- Sleep on It: Sleep helps repair damage to the body and brain and allows us to generate new ideas. Sleep allows us to consolidate memories and that reorganizes our thoughts – much like reorganizing books on a bookshelf.