Cheers to the weekend! The Laundress and Daily Candy shared this helpful how-to video on how to wash your delicates. We’ve got delicates on the mind with our #TakeOverTuesday gig over at Journelle’s Instagram page. In honor of the occasion, we thought we would repost this handy how to video of Lindsey hand washing delicates…
WASHING DELICATES Print DELICATE ITEMS INCLUDE: • Items containing any percentage of silk or silk-like synthetics • Embellished items with hardware, embroidery, beading, or sequins • Swimwear, activewear, and items made mostly of spandex or elastic • Lacy or non-cotton underwear, bras, lingerie, and hosiery • Anything made of lace or fine mesh • Items labeled “Handwash Only” • Most items labeled “Dry clean” Blends should be washed according to the highest fabric percentage, except for those containing silk or wool. Blends containing silk should be laundered according to the directions for delicates, while any blend containing wool or cashmere should be laundered according to the directions for wool. Author: The Laundress Cuisine: Silks, Synthetics & Blends Ingredients
- Stain Solution
- Wash & Stain Bar
- Delicate Wash
- Mesh Washing Bag
- Delicate Spray
- PRETREAT | Stain removal: Target areas such as underarms, necklines, and cuffs with the Stain Solution or Wash & Stain Bar.
- Odors: Add ¼ cup of white vinegar to a tepid water bath, and soak item for 30 minutes.
- Wash with like colors only.
- HANDWASHING | Handwashing is always the best and safest method for treating delicates.
- Prepare a “bath”: Fill a wash basin or sink with tepid water and add 2 capfuls or a squirt of Delicate Wash.
- Submerge item: Gently agitate so your items will be evenly soaped and wet.
- Soak for up to 30 minutes—do not soak silk for longer.
- If there’s color in the water: This is normal, the dye is simply releasing color. You will not notice any loss of color post wash.
- Rinse well: Run tepid water through items until rinse water is no longer soapy. Do not wring. Instead, press the water out of your item.
- MACHINE WASHING | Set machine to the delicate cycle. Make sure the water is cold.
- Place item, inside out, into a Mesh Washing Bag. Add the appropriate amount of Delicate Wash according to the label.
- Remove promptly from the washer to reduce creasing. Do not put in the dryer!
- DRY/FINISH | Hang to dry or lay item flat in its natural shape on a drying rack.
- Most delicate items require steaming. Do not iron!
- Freshen with Delicate Spray between wearing and washing.
Love, Lily Full post here.