It is Friday, but that doesn’t mean you can’t keep these mood boosting tricks in mind. These tips are geared to boost your mood and happiness!
- Flip through photos: looking at personal photos has been found to make you feel happier than chocolate, a cocktail, or even listening to music! Whether you flip through some fun photos on your phone or computer or keep a special album at work, this is a proven mood booster!
- Open your shades: Fresh light can always lift any mood. Open up those shades or go for a quick walk outdoors on your lunch break.
- Exercise: go for a quick walk or run. Exercise is proven to reduce stress and release endorphins – feel good hormones!
- Inhale a calming scent: whether you keep a lavender candle at work or aromatherapy oil in your desk, just one quick whiff can reduce anxiety and calm your nerves.
- Clear away clutter: too much around you can reduce mental clarity and cause anxiety. Work in a clean, bright, clear mood for clarity.
- Smile: sometimes putting on a happy face and ultimately change your mood. Sometimes seeing is believing and saying “I’m going to be happy today” and starting with that intention, can brighten your entire day!