Getting ready for a cozy weekend at home watching football OR spending some time tailgating? Here are some recipes you must-try!
1 dozen hard-cooked eggs, peeled $
1/2 cup light mayonnaise $
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons sour cream $
1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard $
1/8 teaspoon salt $
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks, keeping egg whites intact.
- Mash together yolks, mayonnaise, and next 4 ingredients until smooth using a fork. Spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves. Cover and chill 1 hour before serving.
“The Pig Skin” Deviled Eggs: Prepare recipe as directed, stirring in 1 Tbsp. finely chopped green onion, 3 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish, and 1 tsp. Asian Sriracha hot chili sauce with mayonnaise in Step 2. Top eggs with pickled okra slices and chopped pork crackling strips.
Turkey Cheddar Kabobs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Prep: 20 min., Chill: 30 min. The dipping sauce can also be served with fried chicken breast strips from the deli.
1 pound deli-smoked turkey, cut into 1-inch cubes $
1 (8-oz.) package Cheddar cheese cubes $
1 pt. grape tomatoes $
1 (16-oz.) jar dill gherkin pickles $
27 (4-inch) wooden skewers
- Thread 1 each of first 4 ingredients evenly onto wooden skewers. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 1 day. Serve kabobs with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce: Stir together 3/4 cup light mayonnaise, 1/4 cup coarse grained Dijon mustard, and 2 Tbsp. honey. Cover and chill 20 minutes or up to 3 days. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Prep: 5 min., Chill: 20 min.
Graham Nut Clusters
6 cups honey graham cereal $
1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans $
1/2 cup butter $
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup $
2 cups pretzel sticks $
1 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cereal and next 2 ingredients in a very large bowl.
- Melt butter in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium-low heat; stir in sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 2 minutes.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, and stir quickly to coat. Spread in a single layer on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Transfer to wax paper, and cool completely (about 10 minutes). Break into pieces, and toss with pretzel sticks and chocolate pieces.