Dealing with any Halloween weekend stains? We loved these tips from The Laundress blog!
Chocolate bars look oh-so delicious in with their glittering foil wrappers but not so appealing when melted all over your clothing (or Halloween costume)! As there lies a sweet tooth in us all, we are all too familiar with the struggle of both successfully and unsuccessfully lifting this rich, tannin stain.
The Laundress shares the solutions!
Kit Kat on Cotton
• Apply Stain Solution directly to the chocolate mark.
• Pour boiling water from a height onto the mixture to activate the Bleach Alternative beads.
• Work the mixture into the fabric with a Stain Brush to create a powerful cleaning paste.
• Soak the item in a bath of hot water for up to 30 minutes.*
Snickers on Silk
• Apply Stain Solution directly to the soiled area.
• Work the solution into the stain with a Stain Brush.
•For added cleaning power, hold the stain under a faucet running tepid water to help work in the solution.
• Soak the item in a bath of tepid water for no longer than 30 minutes.*
Whoppers on Wool
• Apply Stain Solution directly to the affected area.
• Work the solution into the fabric with your finger. If the item has looser yarns, use the Wash & Stain Bar to work the solution into the yarn.
• Hold the area being treated under a faucet running tepid water for added cleaning power.
• Soak the item in a bath of tepid water for up to 30 minutes.*