It’s swimwear season! Treat your swim suits with the gentle care they deserve. Stock up on these essential products from The Laundress to keep your swimwear looking fabulous for seasons to come!
Chlorine Bleach will damage and weaken synthetic and polyester fabrics! Chlorine Bleach turns polyester and nylon yellow. It also weakens elasticity and will cause cotton to tear with repeated use. There are some everyday products, such as sunscreen and deodorant that can discolor and stain fabric, so make sure to pre-treat.
- Pre-treat and examine for stains: pre-treat with our Stain Solution and Stain Brush or Wash & Stain Bar. Always treat stains first and presoak for most effective removal.
- To remove dirt, grease, grime and stains treat with Stain Solution with The Laundress Stain Brush.
- To remove odors: pre-wash or pre-soak with The Laundress Scented Vinegar. Apply vinegar directly on odor areas and work stain solution into the fabric. Soak well.
- Swimwear is best when washed and rinsed sooner than later. Letting the fabric sit with salt and chlorine isn’t good. Hand washing is recommended.
- Prepare a bath of warm water with one capful of The Laundress Sport Detergentand add item.
- Swish item around, agitating the water with your hand and soak for 30 minutes.
- Rinse well and squeeze water out. Avoid ringing and twisting, as this will further stress the elastic fibers and reduce the longevity of the item.
- Hand or lay flat to dry. Do not put swimwear in the dryer as this will reduce the elasticity, break and damage the fabric. If drying outside, avoid direct sunlight to reduce fading.