Folding a fitted sheet (if you aren’t doing it the right way) can be one of the most frustrating things about linens – especially if a nice and neat linen closet is a must. We’re sharing a few tried and true tips for folding a fitted sheet with ease.
Folding a Fitted Sheet How-To
1. Hold the sheet by the two adjacent corners of one of the shorter edges while standing. Make sure the sheet is inside out and place one hand in each of the two corners.
2. Bring your right hand to your left and then fold the corner in your right hand over the one that’s in your left. Then, reach down and pick up the corner that is hanging in the front and bring it upwards. Fold it over the two corners in your left hand. The corner that you see will be inside out.
3. Next, bring that last corner upwards and fold it over the others with its right side showing. It should envelop the other three corners.
4. Place the folded sheet down on a flat surface and straighten it.
5. Then, fold the two edges – hiding all of the elastic.
6. After that, fold the sheet into a rectangle.
7. And, continue folding the fitted sheet until the rectangle is the size you would like it to be.